Mask


''I'll be living my life,and you'll be wearing a mask.''

So many days I have spent thinking about you,seeing you in my dreams...
Feeling your warmth from afar,seeing your eyes looking at me thru the door.
I had seen you as more than fun,more than a friend,someone I cared for...
The reason,well,I don't need a reason to make my decisions,I just make them.
Now the thing I can't stop thinking about is how you pulled the rug beneath me,
just to see me fall...and I did fall flat on my face,I felt the pain of your lies.
Why did you have to do such thing,I thought we were just fine...
...truth is,you were always telling me lies.
Double-faced fool,you don't deserve me,I deserve something much better than you.
You went thru the trouble of faking to be somebody all this time;
to suddenly become somebody else,well,I should've expected that.
I realize i'm so better than this.
I'm so naiive to have trusted you,but it's alright,from my mistakes I have learnt.
Thanks for making me stronger at the end.
Now that's your loss,you had all of this...and threw it all away.
Truth is,I was always lying to myself.

Title by Bia Castilho,with moment and sentiment.
Daniel Viana Alencar.