Old Love Story

"...It only feels like time has been passing me by.
'Experience'? What about it?
When your skin turns old and your heart turns cold, you realize 'experience' hasn't helped much over the years.
Bloody mistakes over and over.
I've lived so much and it feels like I haven't learned anything.

Oh, there were good days!
Oh, but that was long ago, when I used to have that fire in me.
Those days, those days, I tell you!
I used to wake up and do something about life itself, you know? Everything was possible.

'Nowadays'? What about that?
Nowadays things aren't worth it!
They weren't back then neither, but now it's all different!
I might have changed a little...yet would you feel the same way if in my boots, son.

Everything changed after my first love left my heart.
The one I under-appreciated, yet felt like a vibrant song.
Oh, that feeling!
But it was over quick and I felt so sick.

My connection to the world worsened a whole lot after all of this. Without love, it's hard.
The illusion.
Because once you feel the drug, you never want to get back being sober.
It's just too good.

'What did she look like?'. He asks!
Looked like an angel.
Your eyes would pop and your tongue would flop out of your mouth as soon as you saw her.
Her smile was the peace in those days.
Something simple as a smile can change a whole lot, I tell you!
Her light-brown eyes, blonde hair, petite figure of a lady made me feel like I walked with a princess beside me.
A little princess. She wasn't too tall.
Yet good things come in small packages, I have to say.
A true cliché.

'Was there real love?' What kind of a question is that?!
When you feel like nothing matters; when you feel like the world can disappear, but only after you've seen her beautiful eyes for one last time; when the scent of her body messes with your brain and you feel like you're finally alive!
Oh yes, there was love. In our bodies, in our souls, all over the room, all in the air.
There was Passion, above all!
How we felt each other!

A heavenly feeling...
...but it's all gone now.
'What's left?'. Regret.
But what can I do? We were so young and reckless!
Our pride got in the way and time started to slip from my fingers.

In fact, time proceeds in that fast-paced movement of his.
If you do not maintain what you've acquired in the day, you may as well say goodbye to that.
As time goes forward, by each second that passes by- we lose.
We lose the chance to tell, to express to the ones we love, how we really feel.
Then when you become old and lonely like me- but only then you'll remember to tell her you really loved her."
-Lion Daniel Viana.

Picture found in Ocean's Bridge website:
http://www.oceansbridge.com/artist-lists/eastman-johnson/The-Funding-Bill---Portrait-of-Two-Men-1881.php